Konstintryck från Reykjavik

bears; truth




bears; truth

"I am a collector. I collect used objects that I find interesting, since they contain history an a sublime feeling. Inspired by these objects, I create a dialogue and structures of ideas around them. They are a springboard for my work.
This is how my world of the teddy bear began. This place – bears; truths...  is a place where all is not what it seems. It exhibits reflections of human nature and the natural world. This is the place whirr the teddy bears reside in many other forms an permutations. A sanctuary of sorts, it portrays a journey through the different worlds of the bears. 
It is a metaphor for us humans, with our past experiences, good and bad." 

Kathy Clark (2015)



 Unnur Ýrr Helgadóttir, Döfnun
Unnur Ýrr Helgadóttir, Vaka

Unnur Ýrr Helgadóttir

Unnur Ýrr Helgadóttir graduated from the Icelandic Academy of Arts in 2005 and has extensive art education both from Iceland and the U.S.A behind her. She has worked as an Artist, Graphic Designer and Illustrator in both Iceland and Sweden, and is currently based in Stockholm. 
When painting, Unnur works mainly with acrylic on canvas. Almost supernatural color combinations, surreal twists and strong storytelling are what characterize her paintings. The different disciplines of painting and graphic design intermin- gle and create a world where reality and fantasy blend. 
“I ́m an ex marathon runner, shy, only recently started drinking coffee(Latte), and have an unrealistic fear of sharks. My religion is love and life, I have an unquenched passion for color and form, and I believe that true creativity comes from a place of stillness within when you “stop thinking.” 



Iceland seen through foreign eyes
Karin Kurzmeyer

I Reykjavik finns massor av katter. Men för mig känns inte det konstigt.
I Kålltorp där jag bor härskar också katterna. 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg